Tuesday, August 17, 2010

S'all good.

Yeah.

We are in this for the long haul.

So, Foreign Service, you might put us on lists. You might make us wait. But WE will decide if we are done with you. And so far, you can stay.

Because we are good people. Maybe we didn't go to Ivy League schools and maybe we don't speak many languages (I'm a 3/3 in Pig Latin though and a 4/4 in Crabby Wife), but we are good, kind, fair, hard-working, honest, ethical, intelligent people. You could trust us with your children or small animals. Maybe not your houseplants though. If the FS doesn't end up being the path we choose, we will be ok. Happy even. We will thrive. The FS will not be our undoing.

I want to thank the kind people who have reached out with encouraging words. You have been so nice. I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

So. It really is all good. I am very lucky.

Oesday isthay akemay ouyay antway otay ukepay?

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, thank YOU! I needed that coffee...and the kind words very much helped, too :-)

LeesOnTheGo said...

Kudos to you. Take this mess and embrace it...or don't. Your choice. Glad you can see it that way (and thus encourage all of us to do the same).

I'd trust you with my small animals, for sure.

NKL

Bfiles said...

glad to hear it.
and what a handsome couple you are!!

Camille said...

Hahaha - I'm a 4/4 in Crabby Wife too! You have a great attitude, one that I hope to adopt once we start sitting on the list :)

Daniela Swider said...

Love the picture! That's the right attitude! (one Crabby wife said to another ;-p)

Emily said...

So cute. I love the picture.
That is a great attitude to have. Really, if you can find happiness whatever your situation, then what more can you want? You will be happy.

Unknown said...

Lovely couple...and I think I am with you with the plants. Plants don't last long around me. ooops.