Saturday, November 27, 2010

Two days...

We just got back from driving to Ohio late last night. Turkey day with the in-laws was very nice. We drove on Wednesday, ate on Thursday (There were 22 of us at dinner!), drove on Friday. whew.

We head to DC tomorrow. Drive on Sunday, OA on Monday, Drive home on Tuesday. whew.

My husband is currently done with his old job. They loved him and gave him many cakes upon his departure. How did cake become a sign of appreciation in our culture? Anyway... he starts his new job on Wednesday, yeah, the day after getting home from the OA. whew.

He is excited and nervous about the OA. Me too. I am ready for this journey to have a finish line. I am ready to start making a plan for me. Because after a year and a half, I'll take mine... to go, or take in. Either way. As long as it's mine.

2 comments:

FSO Hopeful said...

Best of luck to him!

Daniela Swider said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys too! Hope he kicks some serious butt at the OA!