Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good thoughts needed.

There is a fellow blogger who has been waiting for her husband to get called off the register and invited to an A-100 class, she needs some good thoughts. She and I have commented back and forth a few times. She has three kids, like I do, but her kids are younger than mine are. Her husband is on the Pol. register. His score is *this* close to getting him called. If he was in any other cone, he'd have been called by now. She has been antsy to get their FS adventure started. We've cheered each other on.

I checked her blog today and discovered, with horror, that she has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. I can not believe it. Luckily, it is operable, has not spread and is the "best" kind of cancer to have. She is being operated on June 22.

I am sending prayers and good wishes for her and her family. I am also thankful that she and her husband are still in their home, with their family and friends nearby, where they need to be so she can get well. I'm glad that they are not in an apartment in VA, far from everybody who loves them, with a new job and no support network, and their stuff in storage, about to move to who-knows-where.

Not that things always happen for a reason, but, this time, I feel they surely did. Health, family, life, those come first. The job, it comes second.

Say a prayer for Jamie if you are the praying-type. Or send her some good vibes.

And Jamie, you're going to kick cancer's ass, then be ready for whatever adventure you feel like enjoying.

4 comments:

jamieschip said...

Thanks so much for your supportive post (of course I do not mind.). I also believe that we were not meant to be in dc right now, obviously. In fact, we found out about this only because of the FS med exams we had to go through last December. The drs thought the mass was leftover pneumonia, but after two follow ups, found out it was the tumor. I'm so grateful we went through the Pre-FS process, or else we might not have found it in time. Although, I'm thinking I won't get to keep my class 1 clearance anymore. Well see. Thanks again for your prayers. It means a lot! Jamie

jamieschip said...

Emily, just wanted to say thanks again for your support. I leave for the hospital in a couple hours so need to get going, but just wanted to send this off first. So many FSOs have sent me well wishes and I'm sure you are a big part of that reason, getting my story out. Thank you. I'll see you on the flip side of this thing. ;)

I'll Take Mine... said...

Jamie,
It is my pleasure. Truly. You have been in my thoughts frequently these past few days.

We are all rooting for you...and praying for you...
You should get in touch with Sarah Novak when you're up to it. You won't regret it! She's AWESOME!!!!!

Make sure you MAKE yourself rest and relax, let your family and friends take care of you... leave the blogging alone if need be... we'll all still be here. Take good care.
-Emily

fsowannabe said...

Oh my, this is so terrible. Thanks for spreading the news, I will add her to my prayers.