Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer vacation… bites.

Yesterday was the LAST DAY of school!!

Celebrate? Shall we? Screeeeech. Hold on.

What?

Today we kicked off summer Vac-ay discovering one of the three un-named lovelies has head lice.

LICE!



For the first time in my life, I am dealing with lice. (Go, on, scratch your head, you want to!)

Time to go rinse the lice shampoo off the head of one of these three kids. We all are getting treated, nit-combed and all bedding, stuffed animals, hats, everything, washed and dried at a million-degee temperature. I even jammed a huge stuffed tiger in there. Gotta love our large capacity front-loader.

On the first day of summer vacation.

Good joke, universe.

3 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

OMG - I am so sorry! Head lice are such a huge pain. We got our first head lice experience last fall. I was so tempted to shave my daughter's hair because she has a ton, plus, I was pregnant at the time and was not supposed to use the regular head lice shampoos because they contain pesticides. So I used a homeopathic product (the name escapes me right now) but had to pick every single tick and lice out of her crazy thick and long hair one by one, which took several days and it was torture. I thought I was going blind, so I had to use a head light.

But that too shall pass, you know. Hope this is your first and last experience dealing with those pesky little buggers. And I mean the head lice...

fsowannabe said...

Yeesh! Everyone de-liced now? No shaved heads, I hope!

fsowannabe said...

BTW, I'm hoping you and the husband are getting great news on your FSOTs. Best!