Monday, February 7, 2011

Slumped

I'm in a Slump. And as Dr. Seuss says, "And when you're in a Slump, you're not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done."

I know, how could that be? I live the life of leisure. I get to sculpt clay with my good friends Dot, Millie, and Fran. They are sweet as apple freaking pie. All are retired art teachers collecting their pensions who talk about how happy they are to not be teaching art. How bad kids are nowadays. "And what do you do, honey?"

I do nothing.

Anyone want a pencil holder? Or a butter dish that looks eerily like a coffin?

The snow keeps coming. Drowning me in whiteness. I think we have had 131 inches this winter. That is almost 11 feet. That's what the paper says. They keep track of that sh*t. Like we win something. That is just wrong. The winner is stuck in the house, wishing for sunshine.

3 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

I guess the grass is always greener, or in this case, whiter, on the other side. We got five inches of snow a couple of weeks ago and it's almost gone now. What's still around is a nasty brown-grey mess. We want more because we didn't get enough snow play, so we are hoping this was not all of it.

GH said...

I feel your pain. We are in Northern Minnesota and cabin fever has set in with a vengence. Will this winter ever end?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you've answered this somewhere along the line, but if so, I haven't seen it. You're smart, articulate, and you know how the system works. why don't YOU take the FS test??? Go PD, and use your art skills in a new way, or go consular and use your people skills.

I have faith in you. you could so it, you know.