Sunday, March 28, 2010

D.I.Y.









This photo was from last week. This is B. He's 9. Nice hair, huh?



I found these baby fingernail scissors on the floor Thursday night when going to bed.
"Hmm," I thought, "Maybe B cut off the itchy tag on his PJ's."

The next morning I realized that B had given himself a haircut. He said that he couldn't stand the feel of the hair on his forehead. So he cut it off. Right up close to the scalp. Just in the front. And he left the hair in a horror show murder scene in the bathroom sink. 

He had to go to school like that on Friday too. With the sides longish and the front to the scalp. Poor kid.

Here is after the barber fixed the do-it-yourself job. I didn't have the heart to take a picture of the chop B did. His eyes were all teared up. Love that kid. He just couldn't stand the hair on his forehead one second longer. 
Kids make you laugh sometimes. Speaking of laughter, this weekend my husband and I went out to dinner and a comedy club and laughed until our stomaches hurt. It was so much fun to laugh that hard. Laughter is good medicine.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Please tell B that I've done that too... taken the bangs off much higher than I should have simply because I couldn't stand them on my face any longer and didn't want to wait to go to the salon... I was much older than 9 too! (and at the time I was cutting it... it felt sooo good to get rid of it!) At least boys can wear very short hair easily - not so easy for girls! I can't see the after photo, but once he gets used to it, he might even like a shorter style for the coming warmer weather.